Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

IBM IOC EMC–Intelligent operations center for emergency management



IBM IOC Setup

IBM IOC is an initiative by IBM for smart city initiative,I thought of doing a proof of concept on it.
Since it is a POC and VM with Developer edition for windows x86-64 will work fine and I downloaded it from IBM passport advantage. By the way you need to have either passport advantage or partner world access to download or trial IOC or any other IBM demos.
So get in touch with your IBM site administrator and get the access before you start the POC.
So I downloaded the iso file IBM_IOC_V5.1_DevEd_Win_ML and used the read me to install it on my VM, I used windows 8 if that helps Smile

image
Exploded file will look like this, make sure you use the java included in iso.
I followed this document install_IOC_51_dev_windows and didn’t face any problem. except the part where you have to login as db2admin and run the scripts to create IOCDB and IOCDATA
*By mistake I created with my user, make sure you run by db2admin.
* Make sure that log files for trace have no errors and all tables are created properly.

Your trace files should be generated like this.
image
Your folder structure should look like this.

image


Also I couldn’t execute the last Junit part for round rock, it was giving some crappy class errors.I am yet to fix and try that.

You can move on to next part of this article if your installation is done and all the files are created properly , else comment on it I will try to help you.
Please not ask.ear is optional and I got some SPSS@localhost errors while using so for a while I removed it from liberty and tried to run it only with following modules.
image
Now since we are using liberty server, while you start the liberty server for IOC it will run for a while and it will stop after a while, in a minute or two.
It made me confused for a long time and I was thinking IBM just randomly makes these products and there are lot of bugs in IOC.
After a while and lot of googling I came across a tech note from IBM explaining that this bug is with liberty and we need to start liberty in command line of eclipse.

Please see below, this server is started from the command line and is running from days without any issues.
image
It fixed that bug and I could concentrate on the rest of my POC.

What next in IOC series

This is the setup part, in the next section of this article I will explain you how to show various data sources inside the IBM IOC for Emergency management and how to display them on a map like arcGIS or other tile based maps.
And there will be a series of articles on this where I will display on how IOC can be integrated with WATSON and real world data can be integrated for a better emergency management.

Keep reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment